Cacao Theobroma (“food of the gods”)
- High levels of Magnesium: (83% of the population of the US are deficient)
- Increased alkalinity in the body, which helps prevent dis-ease
- Soothes PMS symptoms: Low magnesium levels are likely the reason that women crave chocolate before during or after their menstrual period as well as its hormone balancing effects and natural endorphins.
- Muscle relaxation, increased flexibility and strength
- Opens the heart: Referred to by Aztecs and Mayans as Yollotl Eztli (heart blood) for its sensual love vibration as well as its direct action on the heart itself. Cacao seems to help correct the imbalance between mind and heart, increasing abilities to feel compassion, wonder, healing, and unconditional love.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Dark chocolate has 13,120 per 100 g. compared with:
- Prunes 5,770
- Raisins 2,830
- Blueberries 2,400
- Kale 1,770
- Increases energy, focus, feelings of joy and wellbeing
- Contains Theobromine, Phenylethylamine (the love chemical), Tryptophan, Serotonin and Anandamide (the bliss chemical)
- Diminishes appetite, helps one lose weight
- Decreases stress, depression
Cacao is the ultimate alchemical delivery vehicle of medicinal substances into the body.
It amplifies the effect of medicinal substances taken with it.